This Jalapeño Chicken Burger recipe is really easy, but you will need a meat grinder (you could buy ground chicken and mix the ingredients).
– 6 large chicken breasts
– 6 boneless chicken thighs
– 2 packs of bacon
– 6 large Jalapeño peppers
– 1 large purple onion
– 1 cup of fresh basil
– 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Chop the chicken breasts and thighs in two inch chunks. Dice the jalapeño peppers and onion. In a large bowl or pan, pour the olive oil over the chicken, peppers and onions.
Season with the following:
– 4 tablespoons of course ground salt
– 3 tablespoons of course ground pepper
– 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
– 2 tablespoons of dried thyme
– 2 tablespoons of dried cilantro
– 2 tablespoons of onion powder
– 2 tablespoons of dried coriander
– 1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes
Mix it all together to make sure the seasonings are evenly dispersed. Put the meat in the freezer for about an hour (this makes it easier to handle).
Set your grinder up with a large bowl to catch the sausage. Feed the chicken through the grinder with the fresh basil and bacon. Try to feed the basil and bacon evenly throughout.
Set your grill up for indirect grilling. Form the ground chicken into patties. Place them on the grill away from the heat source and grill until they reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
Remove and serve on a bun with your favorite condiments!!