This is one of the best ways to cook a whole chicken. Spatchcook Chicken is a great way to ensure all the meat is cooked to the correct temperature. The hardest part of this recipe is cutting the chicken. I suggest using a pair of kitchen shears. You can use a sharp knife, but the shears make it much easier. Using the shears or with a knife, cut the spine out of the chicken and then fold the chicken so that it lays flat.
– 1 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
– 2 teaspoons of Salt
– 3 teaspoons of Paprika
– 2 teaspoons of Onion Powder
– 3 teaspoons of Garlic Powder
– 1 teaspoon of Dried Thyme
– 1 teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
– 2 teaspoons of Cracked Black Pepper
– 1 teaspoon of Dried Oregano
Mix it up and then rub it all over the chicken with your hands. Rub it under the skin and ensure it is evenly spread over the meat.
Set your grill up for indirect grilling. Put the chicken down on the grate, bone side down, and grill at 375 for about 45 minutes or until the internal temperature of the breasts reach 165 degrees.