Bourbon pairs well with everything, so I wasn't surprising that this Bourbon Stuffed Boston Butt was amazing!!
Rinse, dry and trim excess fat off the bone in Boston Butt. Using a meat injector, inject as much Jim Beam as the meat will hold. Then apply the rub:
– Cover all the meat surface with brown sugar and be sure to rub it in good then generously apply the rest of the ingredients.
– Sea Salt
– Chili Powder
– Garlic Powder
– Red Pepper Flakes
– Chipotle Powder
– Jalapeno Powder
Make sure the rub covers all the meat surface. If you have one big enough, but the rubbed Boston Butt in a zip lock bag. If not, wrap in in seran wrap. Put it in the refrigerator and let it marinate over night.
Pour six cups of chicken stock in a large roasting pan (I used a disposable one). Add chopped onions, celery, jalapenos, three tablespoons of minced garlic. Put the Boston Butt in the pan.
Smoke the meat at 225-250 for about 4 hours or until the internal temp reaches 145. The remove from the pan and cover with tin foil.
Pour about 1 cup of the chicken stock in the foil pack before closing up. Put it back on the smoker and continue to cook at 225-250 for another 4 hours or until the meat reaches an internal temp of 195.
Let it sit until you can handle the meat with your bare hands. Slice, pull, or shred the meat as you see fit. There are several ways to eat pulled pork. Here are a few suggestions:
– Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sandwich
– Pulled Pork Bacon Weave Taco
– BBQ Bread Bowl
– Pepper, Pineapple, Pulled Pork and Asparagus Pizza
– BBQ Martini
– Bacon Wrapped Grilled Pork Mac & Cheese
– Smoked Pulled Pork Nachos with Sweet Potato Chips